Discovering, isolating and documenting bugs is one of the most valuable things you can do for an open-source software project. YUI welcomes this kind of support from everyone in the community, and appreciates the time you take to help make our products better.
If you wish to create a bug report, we ask that you follow the guidelines below. Once you've reviewed the guidelines, visit http://yuilibrary.com to file your ticket with the appropriate YUI project.
Bug reports are most useful when they are accurate, unique, specific and complete. Please take the following steps when creating a bug report:
- Make sure the bug has not already been reported: Expanding an existing report is always better than filing a new report for the same issue.
- Test the bug in as many browsers as you can and specify in your report which browsers demonstrate the problem.
- Provide the following fields:
- A short but specific description of the issue (e.g., "TreeView Control 2.6.0 expand() method fails in Opera 9.01").
- Provide as much detail here as you can about the problem and the exact steps to reproduce it.
- The specific YUI component to which the bug applies (e.g., "Editor").
- Observed in Version
- The release version in which the problem appears.
- All browsers that demonstrate the problem.
If your bug report cannot be reproduced by the developer, it may be closed or returned to you for more information.